Nizam-ul-Masajid Council Pakistan
The construction and settlement of mosques is an important religious duty. There is good news and testimony regarding those who build of mosques in Qur’an and Sunnah. Hazrat Usman bin Affan (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Holy Prophet ﷺ said:
مَنْ بَنٰی لِلّٰہِ مَسْجِدًا بَنَی اللّٰہُ لَہٗ بَیْتًا فِی الْجَنَّۃِ Whoever builds a mosque for the sake of Allah, Allah will build a house in Paradise for him.So to follow this hadith and putting it into practice and to spread the teachings of Islam in Islamabad, Dr. Muhammad Zafar Iqbal, Principal and Shaykh-ul-Hadith of Jamia Islamabad took the step of building mosques in Islamabad. He was determined to do his best for the construction and rehabilitation of mosques in Islamabad.
In order to put this great religious endeavor into practice, he held a preliminary and founding meeting on May 5, 2005 at the Jamia Islamabad I-8/4 Islamabad under his chairmanship. In which the consultation with the Ahl-e-Sunnat scholars and officials in Islamabad on the “Nizam-ul-Masjid Council” began and the participants of the meeting unanimously decided on the need and importance of this great mission that the establishment of “Nizam-ul-Masjid Council” in Islamabad is very important.
Aims and Objectives of the establishment of Nizam-ul-Masjid Council:
- Establishment, protection and resettlement of Ahl-e- Sunnah mosques within Islamabad
- Establishment of mosques as well as madrassas to spread the light of Islam
- Solving the problems of imams and preachers performing their duties inside the mosques
- Conducting various courses to further increase the knowledge of Imams and preachers
- Appointing talented people for Imamat and Khitabat
- Conducting Qur’an, Hadith and other training programs for Ahl-e-Sunnah scholars